10 Creative is looking for a Front-end web developer.
We are a strategy-led branding agency, specialising in pioneering startups & scaleups and are looking for someone to work on websites from inception to getting them live.
Could this be you? You need to have an incredible talent for UI design and be able to work on websites from inception to getting them live. You will be working closely with the whole team right from the strategists to the designers - this ensures all of our work is consistent and aims towards one goal.
We would be particularly interested to hear from someone with a strong experience of UI design, and / or with experience of working in a design or startup environment. However, these are not essential.
This role is full-time and long term.
- At least 3 years experience in a web development role.
- Able to build templated sites from the ground up using HTML5 and CSS.
- Knowledge of building responsive interfaces using latest CSS abilities (CSS grids, Flexbox, etc.)
- Efficiently use UI development tools (Figma, Sketch, XD, etc.)
- Comfortable organising site creation from content to live.
- You can easily overcome cross-browser compatibility issues.
- You must be interested in the future of the internet as we are always pushing our sites to use the latest technology and best practices.
- You should know Git for website version control.
- SASS/SCSS experience would be useful.
- You should have a general interest in technology. We work with some of the most forward-thinking tech companies in the country (maybe the world).
- An understanding of base UX principles and how to implement them.
- A basic understanding of PHP, this doesn’t need to be extensive (it is a front-end role after all!).
- Good knowledge of WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
- You have a good understanding of SEO and how to apply it.
- Experience working with TWIG, a PHP templating engine.
- Have worked with Craft CMS previously.
- You have a strong desire to be constantly learning and improving. We are a branding house first and foremost so you must always be hungry to improve your design skills.
- Your work is of a very high quality and you always strive to achieve that.
- You are a natural problem solver, not specific to web development.
- Interested in making the web a more accessible place for everyone.
- You aren’t afraid to question other team members' decisions and come up with your own ideas, and you actively want to be involved in wider company discussions.
If you are interested in working in an incredibly fast-paced, fun environment with some of the most exciting startups in Cambridge then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
A bit about us
We are a small bunch of creatives based in central Cambridge working on strategic branding specialising in startups and scaleups, mainly in the tech sector. We’re working in a fast-paced world and are constantly learning new things to make sure we understand how our clients aim to be the best in their fields. We work with the world’s most innovative companies, we pride ourselves on our high quality of work as well as our love of learning. We are always pushing our boundaries.
On Fridays, between working hard, we celebrate a week of creating amazing things. We try to go out for (or order in) a damn good lunch together and grab a few drinks when the office closes. This is where we plan our zombie apocalypse strategy, play some board games or just talk like normal people.
This role is full-time with 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Negotiable subject to skill level.
If this interests you and you think you’d fit the bill, we would love to hear from you. Please do get in touch with a covering letter and CV. No agencies please.
Get in touch via: firstname.lastname@example.org